sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or
that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the
following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of European Union Data Protection legislation, We
(as defined and detailed in this website (our Site)) are the data
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our
Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting
further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a
competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem
with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited
to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data,
whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and
the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where
available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system
administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns,
and does not identify any individual.
website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you
browse our website and also allows us to improve our Site. For detailed
information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them
Where we store your personal data
this may occasionally involve sending your information around the world
(and in particular where you are located within the European Economic
Area (EEA), this includes sending it outside the EEA). By providing us
with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store
and process your information in this manner.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet
is not completely secure. Although we employ security measures designed
to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your
data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once
we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and
security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you
request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have
consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any member of our Group of Companies (our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries);
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third parties working on our behalf (whether directly or indirectly).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or
shares, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the
prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data
in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or
apply our terms and conditions; or to protect our rights, property, or
safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of
fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Every now and again, requests are received for information
from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies.
If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your
information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
Access to information (this section only applies if We are based in the United Kingdom)
Data Protection legislation gives you the right to access
information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in
accordance with the law. Any access request may be subject to a fee of
£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information
we hold about you.
Please contact us using the details shown on our Site if you have